Chapter4 profile

Simon Perreault nomis80 at hotpop.com
Fri Oct 6 19:57:09 PDT 2000

> Ok, i'm going to ask this...
> Give me _one_ good reason where we would need a loop?
> I would prefer to limit the amount of tags we have

A reason I would give is: because we don't want not to be able to do a
loop in a profile. But I don't think you want a reason. I think you want
an example. Then I will give you one: gzipping manual pages. If you want
to do something once for every file in a directory (and here you can't use
a wildcard), you can't write all the commands. You need to use a loop,
because you won't know what files will be in the directory.

-- Support your government, give Echelon / Carnivore something to parse --
classfield  top-secret government  restricted data information project CIA
KGB GRU DISA  DoD  defense  systems  military  systems spy steal terrorist
Allah Natasha  Gregori destroy destruct attack  democracy will send Russia
bank system compromise international  own  rule the world ATSC RTEM warmod
ATMD force power enforce  sensitive  directorate  TSP NSTD ORD DD2-N AMTAS
STRAP warrior-T presidental  elections  policital foreign embassy takeover

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-profile-request at linuxfromscratch.org