XML...

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Oct 5 13:06:18 PDT 2000

> Yes, but Jesse's point (I think) is that currently we're not going to use
> a sort of DTD file. Do we need one? What's the purpose of a DTD? What good
> would it do for us?

When we've made up our minds about the tags and such I and Jesse will start
writing that DTD. Like I said before we're just brainstorming and checking
out our possibilities.

The purpose of a DTD (Document Type Definition): it tells you what
tags are valid and what attributes. When somebody writes a new profile, the
DTD will determine what goes in a profile and what is requires (say if you
have an <ln> tag, the DTD will require you to at least provide the source
attribute for example).

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org