Chapter4 profile

Simon Perreault nomis80 at hotpop.com
Thu Oct 5 12:42:49 PDT 2000

> > I don't really know why, but I don't like this for...do loop. Maybe it's
> > too shell-like. Does it fit our needs? Would there be an easier/better
> > way to do it?
>
> Why I do it is to make things easier to maintain. Suppose you want to add a
> directory to both /usr and /usr/local (which makes sense to do since you want
> both trees to be the same) you then change it in one place and don't forget
> it in the other place. But sure a long row of <mkdir>'s would do the trick as
> well. We then just need to make sure we don't forget the second one.

My point is not "a loop is hard, let's write it without a loop instead".
My point is: "let's try to do loops differently".

-- Support your government, give Echelon / Carnivore something to parse --
classfield  top-secret government  restricted data information project CIA
KGB GRU DISA  DoD  defense  systems  military  systems spy steal terrorist
Allah Natasha  Gregori destroy destruct attack  democracy will send Russia
bank system compromise international  own  rule the world ATSC RTEM warmod
ATMD force power enforce  sensitive  directorate  TSP NSTD ORD DD2-N AMTAS
STRAP warrior-T presidental  elections  policital foreign embassy takeover

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-profile-request at linuxfromscratch.org