Chapter4 profile

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Thu Oct 5 03:03:57 PDT 2000

Yo,

On Wed, Oct 04, 2000 at 09:32:31PM -0400, Simon Perreault wrote:
> >         <FormatPartition>&partition;</FormatPartition>
> >         <MountPartition device="&partition;">&LFS;</MountPartition>
>
> I don't like long tags like this. Let's use tags like unix commands
> (think of the "w" command. What does it stand for anyway?).

<quote>
NAME
       w - Show who is logged on and what they are doing.
</quote>

Does everything have to stand for something?

I can understand <mount> but what about <FormatPartition> (<Format> would
be better, imho) do you use <mke2fs>? what happens when you want to use
ReiserFS, etc...

> >                         <ln type="symbolic">share/man man</ln>
>
> I'd still prefer <ln type="symbolic" source="share/man">man</ln>. Easier
> to parse.

I'm not quite sure, which i prefer, allthough for one can we use <link>
instead of <ln>?

If you ask me, one should be able to _read_ a profile

> I don't really know why, but I don't like this for...do loop. Maybe it's
> too shell-like. Does it fit our needs? Would there be an easier/better
> way to do it?

Agreed.

Lemme just think here for a moment, a for loop is a little complicated
for something as simple as creating directory's no?

<CreateDir>
&LFS/bin
&LFS/sbin
..