Profile design

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Oct 2 08:51:09 PDT 2000

On Sun, 01 Oct 2000, you wrote:
> I have been designing my own version of the ALFS tool, and am running into
> a problem.  I really need to figure out how to do the profiles.  Following
> is a rather long description of the problem and its solution, although what
> exactly the problem is might not be clear.

I'm not sure if anyone can answer this right now, or answer it fully. Right
now we haven't started anything how things communicate with eachother. Our
first phase is to get the profile ready: and just the tags, attributes and
entities. Nothing more, nothing less, for now at least.

This week I'll post the new chunk of profile for chapter4 that contains some
stuff we use for fdisk, mke2fs and mount.

I'd say stick around and wait till we catch up. We're not as far as you are
right now. Also the profile won't be put together as you have done it or
plan. I don't want to make it too complicated yet since that's not the point:
the point right now is to define the tags, allowed attributes and entities
(=variables) so it can be documented on alfs-docs.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-profile-request at linuxfromscratch.org