Downloadable mailinglist archives

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Oct 24 17:17:20 PDT 2000

Hi,

>From now on you can download the mailinglist archives as mbox files. They're
available from download.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives both http and ftp
protocols available on that host.

These files are updated twice a day when the mailinglist update script runs
(at 12am and 12pm  EST - it'll be more like 12:30am/12:30pm before the
downloadable files are updated because the online archives are updated first).

The biggets file is lfsdiscuss.bz2 being 3.1MB. Unpacked it gives you a 22MB
archive. The othere lists are a lot smaller (a tenth or smaller the size of
lfsdiscuss).

They're not mentioned yet on the website but that will be done soon. I
already put lfs-hints on the main website, and these downloadable mailinglist
archives but I haven't uploaded the website to linuxfromscratch.org yet. I'm
making some final changes. I plan to upload it if not tonight then tomorrow
night.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org