ALFS Profile

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Nov 15 07:44:52 PST 2000

On November 15, 2000 08:23 am, you wrote:
> Yo,
>
> On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 04:19:09PM +0100, Hendrik Volker Brunn wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 15, 2000 at 08:06:20AM -0500, Jesse Tie Ten Quee wrote:
> > > no comments at _all_? come on guys, you must have something to say :)
> >
> > I still need a guide to installing DocBook and the jade-things...
>
> http://archive.linuxfromscratch.org/mail-archives/alfsdocs/0018.html

I am not sure if that URL will remain the same every time the archive is
rebuild. I should look into that, I think it will, but one never knows. If
not, go to /alfsdocs/ and scroll  down to the near the bottom and read the
thread I started called "DocBook"

I based that thread on DocBook-3.1 and openjade. DocBook-4.1 is out already
(no, 3.1 isn't that old, even though the major version number changed. When I
was writing about 3.1, docbook-4.0 was still beta)

> It's the profile/syntax, which isn't in DocBook/SGML right now anyways,
> that we were hoping to get some input on...

True, but other docs will be written in DocBook, so if you plan on helping
out wiht documentation or whatever, it wouldn't hurt to have an sgml parsing
environment installed.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org