It's me again.. Sorry..

Dustin Hoffman dustin at rockhill.org
Sat Nov 4 17:42:04 PST 2000

Hi,
	I am very sorry to bother everyone again, but I need a little bit of
insight and help.  I have been able to get in, and work in the lfsboot
system, but I have two, rather bad, problems.  The first is I can not figure
out how to update the lilo on the disk to have a delay long enough to let me
pass parameters to the kernel.. There is no lilo.conf on the boot disk that
I can update the disk with.  Another alternative would be a 2.4 test kernel,
but I do not have a working system to make one, and install it onto the
disk.. Also, the boot disk system will not have the /dev/hde and /dev/hdf
files that are needed once I am able to recognize the hard drive conroller..
Does anyone know how to get those installed on the disk when all I have is
the disk system it's self?

	Please help, I know I am probably getting very annoying to everyone, but I
would really greatly appreciate the help..

	Thanks for everyone's time,

		Dustin

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org