It's me again.. Sorry..

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Sat Nov 4 17:05:42 PST 2000

Yo,

On Sat, Nov 04, 2000 at 09:00:14PM -0500, Dustin Hoffman wrote:
> OH! Then, by all means please point me to the proper mailing list!! OK, it
> has been a long time since the author has worked on it, and he is currently
> unable to do any work on it. I need to 2.4 kernel so that I can use the HPT
> 366 IDE controller that is in my system... I can pass optional IDE
> parameters to the kernel but it runs in a very, very slow mode.
> I have worked with lilo quite a bit, but I have never worked with it on a
> diskette like this.. does it work just like it does on a hard disk? If so,
> could I copy and modify a lilo.conf from a hard disk system??

discussing the automation of LFS ;)

Doesn't matter much, which one, this list is pretty dead (well, noone is
talking on it, aka dead, no offense to anyone :)

Yes, you can copy an existing lilo.conf (or create a new one) and use it
like on a regular system, it's why i mentioned 'lilo -C
/path/to/new/lilo.conf' in cause your lilo.conf isn't in /etc/lilo.conf
;)

If your interested i have a full static(aka everything you need to enter
chroot) and dynamic (aka a full blown LFS-2.3.6 i386 system) at
http://quasar.highos.com/ALFS/

All you would have todo, is bootup with a floppy, mount the HD and untar
it.. you can always create a bootdisk with all the modules (or make it
monolithic) on another box, also.

Dunno...

-

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org