It's me again.. Sorry..

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Sat Nov 4 16:49:35 PST 2000

Yo,

On Sat, Nov 04, 2000 at 08:42:04PM -0500, Dustin Hoffman wrote:
> 	I am very sorry to bother everyone again, but I need a little bit of
> insight and help.  I have been able to get in, and work in the lfsboot
> system, but I have two, rather bad, problems.  The first is I can not figure
> out how to update the lilo on the disk to have a delay long enough to let me
> pass parameters to the kernel.. There is no lilo.conf on the boot disk that
> I can update the disk with.  Another alternative would be a 2.4 test kernel,
> but I do not have a working system to make one, and install it onto the
> disk.. Also, the boot disk system will not have the /dev/hde and /dev/hdf
> files that are needed once I am able to recognize the hard drive conroller..
> Does anyone know how to get those installed on the disk when all I have is
> the disk system it's self?

add; timeout=1200 (in tenths of a second) to lilo.conf

You can then generate a new lilo.conf, i don't know what you would have
to add to it (as i haven't any experience with the LFS Bootdisk at all)
i would suggest again talking to the Author.

if you create the new LILO while booted, you can use this to update it
(usually lilo.conf is in /etc/lilo.conf, this will allow you to use a
different location)

lilo -C /path/to/new/lilo.conf

May i ask why you want to use an 2.4 kernel..?

as for creating the needed devices used 'mknod' and take a look at
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/devices.txt

Not sure if this will help...

> 	Please help, I know I am probably getting very annoying to everyone, but I
> would really greatly appreciate the help..

No worries, this is the wrong mailing lists to ask these questions, but
that's allright ;)

-

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org