ALFS Profile

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Nov 13 08:31:32 PST 2000

On November 11, 2000 02:32 am, you wrote:
> Yo,
>
> On Fri, Nov 10, 2000 at 10:31:49AM -0500, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> > To get it, run:
> > export CVSROOT=:pserver:anonymous at linuxfromscratch.org:/usr/cvs/cvsroot
> > cvs login
> > 	<just hit enter when it asks you for a password>
> > cvs checkout ALFS
>
> or you can do this w/o having to use CVSROOT...
>
> cvs -d :pserver:anon at linuxfromscratch.org:/usr/cvs/cvsroot login
> cvs checkout ALFS

gerard:~$ export CVSROOT=
gerard:~$ echo $CVSROOT

gerard:~$ cvs -d :pserver:anon at linuxfromscratch.org:/usr/cvs/cvsroot login
(Logging in to anon at linuxfromscratch.org)
CVS password:
gerard:~$ echo $CVSROOT

gerard:~$ cvs checkout ALFS
cvs checkout: CVSROOT is set but empty!  Make sure that the
cvs checkout: specification of CVSROOT is legal, either via the
cvs checkout: `-d' option, the CVSROOT environment variable, or the
cvs [checkout aborted]: CVS/Root file (if any).

===

so it should be

cvs -d :pserver...... login
cvs -d :pserver........checkout ALFS

might as well set CVSROOT once, saves typing.

But, I'm having a few weird problems here too. My $CVSROOT keeps being reset.
It's being set even before /etc/profile or .bashrc/.bash_profile are read, so
that funny thing might contribute to that cvs needind -d :pserver twice.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-profile-request at linuxfromscratch.org