ALFS Profile

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Mon Nov 13 07:47:29 PST 2000

Yo,

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 11:31:32AM -0500, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> gerard:~$ cvs -d :pserver:anon at linuxfromscratch.org:/usr/cvs/cvsroot login
> (Logging in to anon at linuxfromscratch.org)
> CVS password:
> gerard:~$ echo $CVSROOT
>
> gerard:~$ cvs checkout ALFS
> cvs checkout: CVSROOT is set but empty!  Make sure that the
> cvs checkout: specification of CVSROOT is legal, either via the
> cvs checkout: `-d' option, the CVSROOT environment variable, or the
> cvs [checkout aborted]: CVS/Root file (if any).

I've noticed that before somewhere.. but i've always seen this way for
doing a quick&dirty check out, lemme try again...

quasar:~/tmp$ cvs -d :pserver:anon at linuxfromscratch.org:/usr/cvs/cvsroot
login
(Loggin in to anon at linuxfromscratch.org)
CVS password:
quasar:~/tmp$ cvs co ALFS
cvs server: Updating ALFS
U ALFS/TODO

(ps, co is the same as checkout)

hrm, works good for me..

*looks at his configuration* Ohhh *smacks his head*

quasar:~/tmp$ echo $CVSROOT
:pserver:highos at linuxfromscratch.org:/usr/cvs/cvsroot

d'oh!

Yup, this will work though...