Let's get to^H^Haway from the core problem

Andre Pang andrep at vjolnir.org
Tue Jun 27 23:44:48 PDT 2000

On Tue, Jun 27, 2000 at 11:06:10PM -0700, Eric A. Ayer wrote:

> I didn't know about the 'local' declaration of shell variables, so I gave that
> a shot and it worked!  Cool!  And yes, the passed variables are definitely
> local.  Where did you find out about 'local'?  My shell programming book
> didn't say a thing about that.  So thanks!

if bored; then
    help        # is your friend
elif verybored; then
    man bash    # is not really your friend but tries to be
fi

    amazing how much you can dig up about all them complex programs (eg:
shells) by attempting to comtemplate the manpages, actually.  esp. zsh.

--
/ #ozone <andrep at vjolnir.org>; (mobile# 0411 882299)
                                          bash < zsh