Actual tool design

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jun 27 09:45:09 PDT 2000

> <snip lots o' text>
>
> This is essentially what I've been thinking of too.  The install tool could

Me too. Such a profile database was what Bryan and I have been talking
about last week on IRC and the idea is a real great one.

Although not everybody on this list has responded to this thread I
assume we all agree (I know a lot of people do) on this modular concept.
I just heard from Bryan he already has a basic xml profile build and it
working on a parser.

Is there anybody who can work with ncurses a bit? We'll aim for a text
base installation tool first. At a later stage we can build a BUI using
FrameBuffer, X with QT or whatever.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org