bdb -bash debugger

Richard Richard at reika.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 23 15:09:13 PDT 2000

I have been thinking about ways to implement the interactive
and semi-interactive installs.

Here is some vapourware:
bdb  bash debug

Allows you to single step through a shell script, set breakpoints,
execute, step over or step through functions, set/read
environment variables, and enter commands in the environment
of the script.
All this via your choice of ncurses, the frame buffer or X.

If this existed, would it be the answer?
I think it is about as much work as getting an install script to
behave in a fully interactive manner.
Has this been done already?

Richard
My uninteractive script has now works. See
http://www.reika.demon.co.uk/index.html