Ok let's start

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Jun 23 08:19:38 PDT 2000

> 1.) boot from the cd or diskette
> 2.) copy static binaries and source to the hd
> 3.) chroot to the hd
> 4.) start compiling

That's the exact procedure I have in mind. I do being to like the idea
of having the development environment (what's called the "normal linux
system" in the book) consist of static programs. It does enlarge the
files, but it saves having Glibc and speeds up the preparation part.
Once in chroot everything will be recompiled that is static. Well,
pretty much what the book does now in chapter 5 "installing the static
system".

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org