Ok let's start

jan at helga.lk.etc.tu-bs.de jan at helga.lk.etc.tu-bs.de
Fri Jun 23 05:34:18 PDT 2000

Hi all,

On Fri, Jun 23, 2000 at 07:48:11AM +0100, Richard wrote:
> Yet another way to "boot", put loadlin on the CD.
>
> The bios on my laptop is so pathetic^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hpedantic
> that it will only boot dos!

what about a directory /dos-utils on the cdrom.
this could be a good place to store
- 'loadlin'
- 'fips' (to shorten (v)fat partitions)
- 'rawwrite' (dos version of dd)
- might be 'teraterm' (windows telnet client, with ssh-extension)

and another directory /images or /disks containing all bootdisk
images...
(imho a bootdisk is a *must* for alfs...)

> Richard

Gerard, Paul: what about the mail archive for alfs-discuss ?
(just before i mail something *very* stupid... :)

by,
Jan Niemann