Sorry for my delay, I ask one more day ;)

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jun 21 22:50:49 PDT 2000

My promise was: after LFS-2.3.5 was released I'd start this ALFS project
"oficially" as far as that term applies. It has been a few days now and
I still haven't done anything. I haven't been doing any computer stuff
today and I finally got around to do my email at 12:30am. Took me 2
hours to finish LFS emails. It being 1:40am now and wanting to go to bed
I'm not going to write down my goals, visions, etc. for ALFS right now.
I'd rather do it in the morning or afternoon with a clear head.

So I will post that message but I still can't promise it'll be tomorrow
(thursday). Friday at latest.

Some good news. My immigration process has sped up a bit. I submitted
the application forms 2 months ago. Usually it takes 12 to 24 months
before it's completely processed. Today I got a letter stating it's
processed, accepted, dealt with, done. In a little while (2 to 3 months)
I'll be asked to come for an interview or so, pay $975 and receive my
landed immigrant documents. If this hurries up a bit I don't have to
apply for a work permit anymore (when I have my landed immigrant
documents I can do whatever I darn well please, except vote for a new
government and kill people). So I might be able to work 2 to 3 months
sooner than I anticipated. God has been smiling down on me today ;o)

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org