directory structure/files

Bryan Dumm bdumm at bobby.bcpub.com
Wed Jun 14 04:51:36 PDT 2000

Howdy,

I mentioned to Gerard not too long ago that I would be nice
to have a master file/directory structure snapshot for each
LFS release.

You can find some samples of a 2.3.4 @

http://bobby.bcpub.com/filestructure2.3.4-R
http://bobby.bcpub.com/filestructure2.3.4-lsaR

sizes
79105 Jun 14 07:08 filestructure2.3.4-R
590601 Jun 14 07:47 filestructure2.3.4-lsaR

the difference between the two is the flags I supplied to ls
either ls -R or ls -lsaR. I did this from the root directory.
I deleted /usr/src and /dev directories from the listing to
reduce the size. I haven't looked through all of it yet.

I think this will be helpful for anyone developing.

How should this file/directory listing be done? In other
words how should it appear?

Other comments?

Bryan
News Reader access: news.pcrdallas.com