I would like to ask a favour to a list member...

Jesse Tie Ten Quee highos at highos.com
Mon Jul 31 00:12:18 PDT 2000

Yo,

Since there seems to be quite a few people on the list allready, i was
wondering if someone could either, give a good example upon how The BSD Port
system works, or just give a nice URL.

The more i look at it... the more i like it ;)

>From what i've seen right now (not taking into account a package manager,
which IIRC you don't need) it will download, patch, configure, build and
install a package, which is kinda what we want with ALFS, no?

Allthough maybe it isn't, *shrugs* it's why i'm asking, hoping someone with
more knowledge will speak up ;)

.HIghoS (Thx...)
Jesse Tie Ten Quee - tie at linux.ca - highos at highos.com
http://highos.dhs.org