byacc

Peter Wood peter.wood at worldonline.dk
Wed Jul 26 06:22:46 PDT 2000

On Tue, Jul 25, 2000 at 02:01:24PM -0600, Jesse Tie Ten Quee wrote:
> Yo,
> Been meaning to post anyways so here's a TODO list, these are mere
> requests though:
>
>    * Bootable i386 LFS cd
>        - Jesse, there's a static and dynamic i386 build done,
>          I just now have to figure out howto make a bootable cd,
>          etc... (Pointers anyone?)

<quote> You must have a bootable 1.44 MB floppy disk.  Create an exact
copy of this image by issuing the command

  dd if=/dev/fd0 of=boot.img bs=18k

Place this floppy image into the directory holding the collection of
your files (or into a subdirectory of it...).  Tell mkisofs about this
file with the option '-b' and also use '-c'.  For details read the
file README.eltorito included with the mkisofs-distro.<\unquote>

Thats from the CD-Writing HOWTO (Version 2.8.13), section 4.11, pg 22.
Hope it helps.

Peter