byacc

KL Davis info at nanux.com
Tue Jul 25 18:58:16 PDT 2000

> I have several different applications that I offer on bootable CDROM,
> including "live" CD O/S... Are you looking for strictly a bootable CD,
> or a live system running from CDROM?

Sorry, this did not really answer anything. This is how I prefer to do
it.

I like the El Torito system and syslinux... I build a small root file
sytems and move that to initrd.img, then build the El Torito boot.img
(up to 2.88MB) from the initrd.img, vmlinuz, syslinux.cfg, message.txt
and any sub-menus (syslinux.f1, etc).

I have not really found many systems that in has problems booting on,
using the safe option (-s) when making syslinux makes it even more
reliable with buggy BIOS (but sometimes VERY slow to boot).

It is really simple to write a short script that does all of the work
for you.

--
        Kino L. Davis                    n,
LycanthroLabs - Linux Solutions        _/ | _