Rebuilding RPMs

Alexander Agibalov loki_linux at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 10 09:02:40 PDT 2000

Hello,

I wonder, is there some way to REbuild an RPM package? I mean, to unpack
it into some directory with all the (un)install scripts, descriptions,
filelist, dependencies. Change something and then build again.
AFAIK, the last could be done with RPM prog itself, but what
concernes unpacking - I can't find any mentioning of it.
The only program I've seen, called alien, but it unpacks only files,
without any additional stuff.

Regards,
  Alex