bootable CD

Daniel P. Clery dclery at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 3 10:22:38 PDT 2000

Alexander,

The filesystems that windows cd-burners use have limitations (ISO9660 w/o is
limited to 8.3 and Joliet needs kernel support to work with long filenames).
That being said, most burning applications (Adaptec EZ-CD Creator comes to
mind) allow you to cut a CD from an iso image. The most painless way to make
the cd is to create the iso image on your linux machine, then transfer the
huge file (probably several hundred megs) to a windows computer with a
burner, and make the cd. The utility to make the image would be something
like mkisofs, I know it's a part of debian, and there should be a howto that
will tell exactly where it lives. Hope this helps

--
Daniel P. Clery <dclery at earthlink.net> http://dclery.tripod.com

Never judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way, you're
a mile away, and you have his shoes.