Profile backend

Neven Has haski at sezampro.yu
Mon Dec 18 04:37:25 PST 2000

Hi,

> If anybody here is interested in helping out just subscribe to alfs-discuss
> and let us know what you are able to do (programming wise). We still need
> quite a bit of help

I wrote a small perl backend for the profile.
It was written in a very short time so there are a lots of things to be fixed,
but the main thing is -- it works (I successfully done Chapter 5).

The profile used is from CVS tree, but with some modifications (read the
comments). I included only the first part of the it (< chroot).
Currently, I am going through the second part, which should be over soon.

You will need a Perl module called XML::Parser. It can be downloaded from:
http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/XML/XML-Parser.2.30.tar.gz

For XML::Parser you need expat (the C library for parsing XML):
http://download.sourceforge.net/expat/expat-1.95.1.tar.gz

Sorry for dependencies.

I will be very happy if people try this.
It's about time we start some coding. ;)

Please, tell me what you think. Thanks.

Neven