Fwd: Re: ALFS Progress (was: Re: bash: ./configure: No such file or directory)

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Dec 13 13:12:15 PST 2000

----- Forwarded message from Gerard Beekmans <gerard at linuxfromscratch.org> -----

From: Gerard Beekmans <gerard at linuxfromscratch.org>
To: lfs-discuss at linuxfromscratch.org
Subject: Re: ALFS Progress (was: Re: bash: ./configure: No such file or directory)
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 16:11:56 -0500

> Why? lets all be honest... because i wonder if i am the right person to
> take on that position, because i wonder if i can do everything that will
> be asked, i wonder if i have enough enough patience to really lead, i
> wonder about my future.
>
> ALFS has been a big boat going no where for the last 6 months, don't get
> me wrong, there have been two key things (syntax and profile) that are
> almost [1]finished, but not as much as what should or would have been done,
> if there has been someone leading the project.

Ok, Jesse and Bryan and I are talking about this. It's too early to see
what's going to happen now. I do not want to jump to conclusions right now
but in the event that Jesse decides it would be better for him and ALFS not
to lead ALFS, I will take up that task. Of course we pick a great time for
this kind of change: less than two weeks before Christmas. So if I do take
over (even if it's temporary) give me some time to get started and prepare
for it. At latest we'd start in the new year fresh from scratch (well not
totally from scratch but kind of) and get this boat going and going fast.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org

Unsubscribe: send email to lfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org