ALFS == build world?

Fabio Fracassi f.fracassi at gmx.net
Sun Dec 3 14:18:31 PST 2000

On Sunday 03 December 2000 21:54, you wrote:
> : On Sun, 3 Dec 2000 22:17:28 +0100, Fabio Fracassi wrote:
> :
> >I don't know what quality assurance means exactly, could you
> >explain it in a few sentences?
>
>   * Known properties
>   * Reliability
>
> With that comes a LOT of testing.
>
> Ideally, after proper quality assurance has been performed, one should be
> able to say "Don't worry - <only this and that> can break, but nothing
> else".

Ok, then it is what i thought it to be. But I don't see why a handbuild
kernel on LFS is better than a handbuild kernel on a Distro.
I understand that the Distributor will probably do a quality assurance for
their own kernels, but so do the maintainers of the kernel patches.

The standard kernel will work with any distro, patched or unpached.

Fabio

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org