ALFS == build world?

Ghovs ghovs at ghovs.moo.ca
Sun Dec 3 13:37:08 PST 2000

On Sunday 03 December 2000 21:17, you wrote:
> On Sunday 03 December 2000 19:00, you wrote:
> > : On Sun, 3 Dec 2000 19:33:30 +0100, Fabio Fracassi wrote:
> > :
> > >you can build your own Kernel in every distribution, and it is not more
> > >risky as using the precompiled ones.
> >
> > There is a major risk: Quality assurance.
>
> Sorry, but I don't know what quality assurance means exactly, could you
> explain it in a few sentences?
>
> Fabio

As i see it, QA means making it look credible that you produced a high-grade
product. I'm not that sure if that's an issue for ALFS, given how it's not
very commercial.

It has commercial _potential_, sure.

But unless we go for ISO 9001 (or somesuch) certification, it seems pretty
irrelevant to do anything in that direction.

I already fully believe that everybody involved will try _hard_ to make
something with 'stable' in its name be no less stable than your average
distro.

rgds,
Peter de Freitas

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org