ALFS == build world?

Fabio Fracassi f.fracassi at gmx.net
Sun Dec 3 10:33:30 PST 2000

> And then, the Linux systems I have set up don't do (yet) what I need,
> simply because I'd have to patch the kernel to add quite a few things
> (devel stuff) - and it's plainly risky to do that on a "pre-compiled"
> system.

Why? you can build your own Kernel in every distribution, and it is not more
risky as using the precompiled ones.
You can use a standard kernel over the SuSe Kernel (which is essencially a
std Kernel with Reiserfs and ISDN patchs already applied).

The Kernel is not realy dependant on the rest of the system.

Fabio

Unsubscribe: send email to alfs-discuss-request at linuxfromscratch.org