by golly part2

Bryan Dumm bdumm at bobby.bcpub.com
Fri Dec 29 06:09:53 PST 2000


Howdy,

I also added a patch element that just has the normal 
params and a dir= attribute. This gets rid of the system
command for patch use...

The only two problems I have ran into

<!--
Search_replace works, cept for things like below, reason why need proper 
escaping 
of the $ () etc. as to not confuse regexs.... How dunno yet, but you can setup
<search_replace dir="&LFS;&builddir;" find="test" 
replace="tester">Makefile</search_replace>
and add test to any blank line, run the script again with this new code to 
see it work.
		<prebuild>
		<search_replace dir="&LFS;&builddir;" find="$(CC) $(CFLAGS) -o" 
replace="$(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(LDFLAGS) -o">Makefile</search_replace>
		</prebuild>
-->

and

<!--
		<configure>
			<system_command dir="&LFS;&builddir;/linux">yes "" | make 
config</system_command>
		</configure>
	
This is broke.... " is not translating " turns it back to "
This here above (yes "" | make config) is a nice and dirty kludge
for not having a tag that pipes commands. We'll have to talk about
that one some more.
-->

Both of these problems seem to be XML problems and we are 
just not applying the rules correctly I believe....

Other than that I think we will just have to deal with acceptable 
gcc or not up through the glibc part of chap5 and I believe
through the rest of chap5, probably chap6....

Hoping chroot is the only kludge left. I am going back through to 
retest up through glibc again, but I thinks it is done.......
 
-------------------------------------
Bryan Dumm 
who is Sore Loserman, I want him for president :)
-------------------------------------





More information about the alfs-discuss mailing list