by golly

Bryan Dumm bdumm at bobby.bcpub.com
Fri Dec 29 05:36:40 PST 2000

Hey I made some changes and by golly I believe it
works. What I am babbling about is I killed the whole
package mess with builddir....

And I believe it works. I will be posting results here soon,
but initially it looks good.

I've also introduced three new elements

<config>
<make>
<make_install>

each one has normal parameter type attributes and either a

dir="&LFS;&builddir;"

or

nodir="&LFS;&builddir;/gcc-build"

which solves the old builddir problem. As you might have noticed
I also added a new entity called builddir, same name thats all. In
it I have either told it to turn dir into

$dir = "$dir\/$name-$version";

or

$dir = "$nodir";

depending on if nodir is set as an attribute. This allows us to make
decisions on which directory to change to, and also depending on
the command (ie. configure = ../gcc-2.5.92/configure) we can either
pass it like the example or as a regular configure call.

I also added one more attribute called $pre that allows for things like

pre="CPPFLAGS=-Dre_max_failures=re_max_failures2"

so that they can work, and by golly I believe it all does.

Detailed change info coming soon, after testing......

Bryan Dumm
who is Sore Loserman, I want him for president :)