Small profile creator

Bryan Dumm bdumm at bobby.bcpub.com
Thu Dec 28 13:29:05 PST 2000

nice, I have just gotten a chance to look over the code...

Have you thought about using like XML::Twig or other
XML parsers writing tools? Should we? Would it make
it easier to write out the code instead of the more rigid
structure there now?

Just curious on opinions...

Bryan
PS. Looks nice btw....

> "$profiles" variable should be edited and the script started with package
> names as arguments (with /path/to/packages/* for example).
>
> It has some limitations:
>
> o	Packages must be tarred (they must have a "tar" extension).
>
> o 	They must contain "top level directory".
>
> o 	Either "configure" or "Makefile" must be present in that directory.
>
> o	For the name/version to be correctly determined either top level
> 	directory or package name must be in the format:

> This is usually the case, so it should work with most packages.
>
> It uses tar's "--list" option, so for the larger archives you should be
> patient. :)
>
> There are things that can be added (like "--prefix" to configure so you
> don't pollute your system with these "testing" packages) and you are free
> to do so.
>
> The profiles that it creates are very simple and they all look alike. :)
> But I guess it can be useful for creating one big Profile with bunch of
> packages to test the backend for handling large profiles (larger than LFS
> that is :).
>

> Neven

Bryan Dumm
who is Sore Loserman, I want him for president :)