Some problems and solutions

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Aug 31 16:22:53 PDT 2000

http://alfs.linuxfromscratch.org/files/xmlprofile2

> At present I have enough free time to do things with it.
>
> What language interprets the profile?
> bash    - possible, but unpleasant
> C       - easy for me, but others might find it a bit cryptic
> C++     - Like C, but more so
> perl    - probably, comments from someone who knows perl please
> python  - probably, comments from someone who knows python please
>
> My vote: it's about time I learned python

The profile shouldn't be restricted to one language parser. Our idea: all of
them. The part of the tool that read the profile (called the profiler - see
the API posted earlier) and feeds it to a backend that can be bash, perl,
python or others. We'll have to work out these details still, but that's the
idea at least.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org