Some problems and solutions

richard at urusai.localnet.rcl richard at urusai.localnet.rcl
Thu Aug 31 16:20:13 PDT 2000

On Thu, Aug 31, 2000 at 03:56:51PM -0400, Gerard Beekmans wrote:
> Hi,
>
> <cut proposals>
>
> They all sound great and make a lot of sense. Now we have to integrate them
> in a profile. Bryan had made an entire profile for the static section. Either
> bryan will modify that file to include these proposals or I will. Either way
> is fine by me, just have to find the time since Bryan and I both suffer from
> the same problem: there are only 24 hours in a day lately...
>
> It will be done. At some point. Let's wait a bit to see if others have
> anything to add to this.

Can I download the profile from anywhere?
At present I have enough free time to do things with it.

What language interprets the profile?
bash    - possible, but unpleasant
C       - easy for me, but others might find it a bit cryptic
C++     - Like C, but more so
perl    - probably, comments from someone who knows perl please
python  - probably, comments from someone who knows python please

My vote: it's about time I learned python

Richard