Current status?

Gerard Beekmans gerard at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Aug 4 06:58:23 PDT 2000

> I gather that most of the discussion regarding ALFS happens on IRC - is this
> correct?

At the moment, yes.

> Just wondering what the current status is, how many people have used
> Richard's scripts, any known issues, future plans etc....

I personally have not used any scripts whatsoever. ALFS' status is hard
to tell. It's kind of at a stop right now. Jesse Quee and Bryan Dumm are
working out some details (LFS-API, Profile parser&compiler) and I'm busy
getting LFS-BOOK-2.4 ready. By the time 2.4 is ready I will start
spending my time on the ALFS project, but right now I just can't seem to
find free time to do it. The scripts created by various people will
probably be used as a model for what the end-product is going to look
like.

--
Gerard Beekmans
www.linuxfromscratch.org